Today I decided to wash a dusty, wind blown green car I call the Big Green Machine. Thoughts of the previous owners crossed my mind as I worked. They are a couple I have known for many years. They were missionaries in the same area I lived before getting married. Eventually our paths crossed once again, and we enjoyed renewing our friendship. But tragedy struck awhile ago. The husband died, and left his wife to grieve his absence. She came to me a couple of months ago offering me the extra vehicle that needed a new transmission.It had been "his" car. She had another vehicle,and didn't want to spend money on the second vehicle. After consulting with my husband, we chose to take it. We put a used transmission in, and it runs great now...but back to my thoughts as I washed the car today.
I was experiencing my own kind of grief, reflecting on the short span of our lives on this earth. This mans influence on others was priceless.
He was a steady.
He was a jack of all trades.
He worked hard.
He gave time for good deeds.
He was a friend.
He was a father.
He was husband.
And he is missed.
Whenever I drive this car, I think of Norm.
No comments:
Post a Comment